Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Essay writing Compare and Contrast class 15

 Everyone will go to the English camp to learn English. And there is three camp to choose. When I choose the best camp for me, I will look that the camp has fun activities and is this camp useful to study Eglish. And I will choose Ranch West camp and I will compare ant contrast with Camp Big Apple. First, I will introduce about the camp.
Camp Big Apple is a three week camp and it helps student's vocabulary and math skills. Also all of the activities is about studyinng. All classes are taught by Korean professors with at least a Masters degree from American univerity and studetns will live in dormitorie with other students from around the world.
  Ranch West Camp is four week camp and can choose which subjects they would like to study from among: Math, Art, History, Science, Politics, World Cultures and many other things! Also, there is many fun activities like horseback riding, river rafting and hiking. All classes are taught by recent graduates from the local university and students will stay in a home-stay situation for the duration of the camp.

 Next, I will contrast and compare Ranch West Camp and Camp Big Apple.
 In camp big apple only Korean people teaches so we can't communicate well with native speakers. Actually, Korean people is not that good and the pronounciation so we can be in trouble when we communicate with native speakers. But, in ranch west camp recent graduatesfrom the local university teach us, so our pronounciation can be better then learning with Korean proffesers.
 Also the activities have a big difference. The activities in camp big apple is just about studying, so stuedents can be boring. But, the activities in ranch west camp is so fun. There are all outdoor activities~!
 And we can choose the subject so we could be interested about studying because we choose the subject. However, in camp big apple we just study boring things we don't want to study the we can't remember what we study.

When I choose the best camp for me I will look that the camp has fun activities and is that useful to study English, and I choose the ranch west camp by comparing and contrasting with camp big apple.

3 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Where are all those great transition words we looked at in class? I only see "but". If you use the transition sentences well, you can avoid sentences like:
    "Next, I will contrast and compare Ranch West Camp and Camp Big Apple."
    Your writing will sound much more sophisticated. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I like your post!
    you like outdoor activities than study? huh?

    ReplyDelete